THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, April 8, 2011

What Vacation??? (LOL)

This past week has been Spring Break...yeah, right? It didn't feel terribly vacationy...we did skip most of what we usually do during our school week, everything but ballet. There were some educational opportunities however. On Sunday after church we went to our first Friendship Circle activity: a reptile show!

Here's Twirly-Whirly in her very own real boa!



Now that's stylin'! ;)

She had a lot of fun there...(the Boo-man did too eventually...I got a great Flip video shot of him kissing a skink....it was also kissing him...*shudders* I missed getting a still shot of that so I may try to catch one from the video..never tried that before so we'll see...)

We also took a few days off up in the mountains, Idyllwild to be exact. We went on a great hike in Humber Park. I would have enjoyed it myself if my left knee and/or my right calf not been giving me trouble. Twirly-Whirly got to be quite the Adventure Girl there!



And another A.G. moment:






I got a short shopping trip in town for about an hour while the dad took them to the local playground (at the elementary school...although a real community playground will soon be open). I was so glad for it! While walking over to a coffee spot (Higher Grounds) I was engaged in conversation by a woman who admired my jean skirt...it turned out her husband owns/runs the coffee place and not only did she run the toy store behind it (The Magic Tree Toys), but she sells Waldorf art supplies because she also homeschools in a Waldorf-inspired fashion *and* she has a 5yo dd too! (I think T-W and I may have found some new best friends for when we are in Idyllwild...at least I sure hope so! Hi, Julie!))

We swung by her last grandma (my stepmom) on the way home and Twirly-Whirly (Boo-man too) put on quite the show.They were so goofy, it took 18 attempts to get one good pic where no one was blurred!
Behold!:


Not bad! :)

Well, that's about it for now...when we got home from vacation we found our family under siege with ants....goodbye any relaxation! I am looking forward to returning to our rhythm/routine come Monday...

0 comments: