THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, March 28, 2011

What a busy week!



I am not entirely certain if it's been a good or productive week. There were definitely a couple of days where things did *not* go as planned, but I can say we managed to get our Circle Times done so that was something! Twirly-Whirly is doing a Flower Fairy intro to the alphabet. That is to say, she knows the ABC song and has been copying letters and a couple of words to where she remembers them by heart.

I did not "teach" her so it was not pushed or rushed. So I didn't see how I could *not* do some ABC-ing in Kindergarten. So in addition to the couple of books we read at Circle Time (Around the Year and A Time to Keep by Tasha Tudor and Around the Year by Elsa Beskow) we also have begun to read (me to her, btw) Tasha Tudor's A is for Annabelle, a doll's alphabet, and 1 is One. Then I read to her the letter of the day poem from A Flower Fairy Alphabet, I play the song for it from the cd of the same name to which she dances, and then she goes off to color the page from the coordinating coloring book.

I am still working up my plans for her First Grade year. I will be using A Little Garden Flower's first grade book along with the Earthschooling material for Kindergarten. I have some other assorted books too a la Charlotte Mason. That'll be plenty along with our outside activities of library storytime, ballet, and twice monthly Friday Fun at Madrona Marsh.

Hearth Keepers didn't pan out as I had hoped and with the Dad going back to school himself this fall, GEMS is out as well. I am not too bummed. We're keeping Awana as the family activity...I will be the one taking them..so that will keep us busy in the end I am sure. I am pondering how to work in HK time as just part of the curriculum. We have a friend-family in another state that is doing Keepers too so we are a sort of virtual club. She and one of the other girls are pen pals too.

We missed doing Friday Fun last Friday, but that doesn't mean we missed nature study....

So she comes to me while I am typing on the computer and says, "Look, Momma, I found a dinosaur bone!" I turn to see what stick she has found and lo and behold look at what I came face-to-face with!

I jumped I can tell you! It seems our cat, Bonnie, must have found it under the house or such and had dragged it out to near the swingset! Sheesh!

The Dad is off for Spring break for 2 weeks and took both kids to see Ronald McDonald at our local McD's...he remembered the Boo-man (our little 7.5er with Down Syndrome) from the last time! Lots of fun for both of them.The Dad has also taken her to her Classical Conversations meeting this morning, which is how I have found the time to write..lol. We have had two weeks off from both storytime and ballet, but this week we start back up again. :) That's it for now!

0 comments: